Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chapters 9/10

Once again, these next couple blogs are extremely late, but I accept that. Onwards!

I knew Holden leaving so impulsively would end in him not being able to figure out what to do when he got to New York. He says how he cannot think of anyone to call because they are either asleep or it would be too awkward. He ends up a taxi cab to some hotel. I thought his taxi ride was humorous because his taxi driver was so grumpy. Even just reading about Holden’s taxi cab driver incident makes me feel awkward for him, and I don’t know why. After he gets to the hotel, he gets a room then looks across the courtyard. I thought that what he saw when he looked out the window was really funny, especially the man dressed as a woman. I think that would be a comical thing to see. I thought how he reacted though was a little awkward. I did not like how he called up a promiscuous girl. I think he should have more respect for women, and if the girl was willing to sleep around, then she should have more respect for herself. I know that a lot of people are like Holden and that girl though, so I accept this. I thought it was rude how he just hung up on her without even making plans.

I think chapter ten was more significant than the past couple chapters because he takes the time to describe his little sister, Phoebe. I liked his description of her because it reminded me of the description he used of Allie. I also like how Phoebe likes to write a lot of stories; I thought that was very cute. Holden said that perhaps the flaw she has is that she is too emotional. I did not agree with this because a lot of the time, people cannot control how emotional they get. The rest of the chapter did not seem very important to me. Holden dances with a couple girls then leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment