Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chapters 13/14

I'm starting to lose my motivation again. I think I may just do my actual journal entry after this one, then I'll somehow rearrange my blogs so that that one is at the top. I don't know how I plan to do this.

I think chapter thirteen was a little awkward because of the whole prostitute situation, but I think that’s just me. I like how Holden’s imagination is always going. On his way home from the club, he was thinking about a scenario where someone was trying to rob him. I think it’s a great skill to have. Having the imagination of a child all the time would be fantastic because it would be just like being a child again. When Holden returned to the hotel, the elevator boy offered to send a prostitute to his room for five dollars. I know that back then, five dollars was worth a lot more, but I still read that sentence with disgust in my head. I do not know what kind of desperate woman would sell herself for five dollars, but once again, I suppose five dollars was worth more back then. I almost wanted to feel angry at Holden when he accepted the offer, but I felt sympathy for him. His was at a rough point in his life and he was not making the best decisions. He sent the girl away later that evening, anyway.

I thought chapter fourteen was a little depressing. Holden talks about how he feels guilty for not allowing Allie to join his BB gun fight. I like it how Holden often thinks about Allie. The elevator boy and his prostitute also came to Holden’s room to demand the other five dollars. I thought this was idiotic because the elevator man told him it was five dollars in the first place. The elevator man pinned Holden against the wall while the prostitute took his money. Then the elevator guy beat Holden, which made me even angrier. The whole time though, Holden was thinking of it in an imaginative way, which made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment