Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chapters 7/8

Well, I know by now these blogs are pretty late. I figured better late than never, though.

I really liked Holden in chapter eight of Catcher in the Rye. I think his attitude towards his whole school is fantastic. I like how he is very independent and he does not try to fit in with the rest of the school. I also like how he stopped talking to Ackley because e thought he was phony. I think Holden and I are very similar. When I read that he was going to try to return to New York early, I thought he had lost his mind. I had no idea how he was planning on getting into his home unnoticed. I think that that was a little too impulsive. I never would have done that. I need things to be at least a little planned out otherwise I’ll get angry and frustrated then forget the whole thing. I respect Holden for leaving like he did, though. I do not think he belonged there. Also, if my roommate had just gone on a date with someone I liked, I would have wanted to leave, too. Maybe I would not have left as immediately as he did, but I still would have left or at least changed rooms. I think my favorite part of this chapter is the end when Holden screams “’Good night ya morons!’” as he is leaving.

Chapter nine was not a very important chapter. Holden meets the mother of one of the kids he used to attend Pency Prep with, and he tells her a bunch of lies about him. I did not understand with Holden did this. I would be far too lazy to sit there and make up a bunch of lies about a kid I do not even know. Ialso do not understand why he lied about his name or why he was leaving. He is never going to meet her again, there is no harm in telling her his real name.

No comments:

Post a Comment