Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Journal #3

If I was held hostage, I would feel either terrified or angry. I don't think I would cry, but I would definitely be really afraid. I think it would also depend on the type of person who kidnapped me. If the person who kidnapped me looked like a serial killer, I would be really scared. I imagine a serial killer to be buff, have a lot of scars, and tattoos. I know that's really stereotypical for a serial killer, but that's just how I imagine one to be. If my kidnapper was some old pedophile man, I'm not sure if I'd be more afraid or more relieved. I would be relieved because since it was an old man, it would be easier to get away because I would be more athletic than him since I would be younger. I am actually really terrified of pedophiles or even people who look like pedophiles. Old men with mustaches remind me of pedophiles. Actually, I think mustaches in general are a little pedophile-ish.
How afraid I would be would also depend on if the kidnapper had a weapon. If they had a gun or a knife, I think I would be more compliant and I would not try to escape. If they did not have a weapon, I would definitely try to escape. I would probably test out that break-someone's-nose trick that Sandra Bullock did on Miss Congeniality. I would probably try to escape from whatever the used to bound me, then run for my life.
If escaping was not an option, I would probably try to charm them out of kidnapping me. I would be really nice and sincere even though they would be holding my hostage. I would just try to be as nice as possible to see if maybe they would feel guilty about kidnapping me and let me go. I highly doubt that would work, but I think it would be worth a shot if it was my last resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment