Friday, September 10, 2010

Journal #6

I do not think anything good can come out of blaming someone for something they did not do. It's not ever a good idea to pin the blame on someone else for a lot of reasons. One reason would be that if your parents or teacher, whoever is upset with you, found out that you blamed someone else instead of manning up to it, you would probably be in even more trouble than if you had told the truth in the first place. Honesty is always the best way to go in a situation like that, I think. The punishment is always worse when you don't tell the truth.
If the person you blamed was your friend, then I doubt that they would want to be your friend after blaming them for something they didn't do. Blaming something on a friend is almost like stabbing them in the back. It would be different if they voluntarily took the blame for you, though. If your friend took the blame for you on their own, I think that would make them an even better friend because they are willing to take the blame for you. But if they didn't, I do not know any person who would want to stay friends with not someone who would blame something on them. I know that if one of my friends blamed one of their mistakes on me, I would be incredibly angry. I would confront them about what they did, then I would stop talking to them. But I think it also depends on what the person is blaming you for. If they were blaming you for breaking something then that's annoying, but if they blame you for stealing something from a store, then that would be something to worry and be angry about because that's a serious matter that could get you in jail. This would be another repercussion of not taking the blame.
Another result of not taking the blame would be it would cause the people around you to avoid you. If people found out that you lied about something you did, they would lose respect for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment