Friday, September 3, 2010

Journal #4

My family goes on a lot of vacations, so I'm just going to try and talk about a couple of the best ones. Every year I go to California to visit my Mom's side of the family. My grandparents life in Ventura, and my Aunt and two Uncles live in San Diego. I am just going to sort of summarize all the good times I've had as a while instead of talking about each individual trip to California. We always inevitably go to the beach, and we usually try to go to the Ventura Farmer's Market. My mom loves to buy organic foods from local market areas, so we always make sure to go every time. When I was younger my grandparents would take my sister and I to SeaWorld. I think going to SeaWorld so often made me want to be a Marine Biologist for half of my life. SeaWorld had a larger impact on me that I thought.
Another really exciting Vacation that I have been on was a cruise to a bunch of the little islands below Puerto Rico. I'm not sure I can remember all of the names of the islands, but from what I do remember, I visited Antigua, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Thomas, and I can't remember the last one. I feel like it was Topolobampo, but I think that's a city in Mexico I went to. My memory is atrocious. Anyway, while on vacation we did a lot of sight seeing, and I was surprised at the living conditions of a lot of the people. There were a lot of little shacks all over the place. There were a couple really nice houses, but those belonged to either rich people or important people. I remember one of the most extravagant houses belonged to the governor of Barbados. I think this vacation impacted me a lot because it made me realize how fortune I am to have a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment