Thursday, September 16, 2010

Journal #8

I thought that the video was clever, but not really as funny as the comedian wanted it to be, I think. Maybe it was only me who didn't find the video all that funny because I don't usually enjoy crude humor. I think he made a good point about proofreading, though. I think people rely too much on their computer being able to recognize their mistakes then fix them. I think almost everybody uses Microsoft Word these days, and people rely heavily on the little zigzag lines under their mistakes. The red zigzag lines indicate a mistake, which I find helpful; however, a lot of the time people will just go through and use the first suggested word, which may not be the one they originally wanted. This is one of the points that the comedian made, I think. It was a little hard to understand him, but I know that he meant for it to be that way. Another valid point he made is that the computer will not add in a word if you forgot it. I've experienced that so many times when I type papers. I'll review it, then realize that I left out the main subject of the sentence. I usually will laugh at how horrible the sentence looks, then I will either fix it or improve it. I think a lot of the time I do not notice my mistakes, though. I will scan my paper and just skim right over it because I do not see it. I think it's because a lot of my mistakes are just accidentally spelling something wrong. Then that weird mind thing mixes me up, if you've heard of it. Where if a word starts with the right letter and ends with the right letter, it doesn't matter how the words in the middle are spelled. Lkie tihs, and tihs is werhe msot of my msitkeas cmoe form. It's ralely furtrstinag, but I apcect it.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Leanne,
    I really like the writing style you wrote this blog in (that's kind of an awkward sentence). The ideas are well presented, and you use effective support!
    That is all.
    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the example in the last sentence that demonstrates the point in the previous sentence!

    ReplyDelete