Monday, September 27, 2010

Journal #9

I do not like religion, so I do not have a lot to say in this journal. I do not care if someone is a Catholic, Buddhist, Atheist, or any other sort of organized religion. I do care, however, if they try to push their religion onto me. I do not like the type of people who will not accept any other religion besides their own. For instance, I know a girl who will go crazy and start preaching to you about God if you even mention that you are not a Christian. I do not like people who try to push their beliefs onto someone else. I believe people should have a right to believe in whatever they want to without being criticized. It should not matter to other people what someone else worships. I do not understand why religion has to be such a big deal.

This being said, I would have the absolute worst time living back in Puritan times. I would not want to worship God like all of the other Puritans because I prefer to just me a neutral person when it comes to religion. I suppose I would be an Agnostic person. If I was around during the Salem Witch Trials, I am almost entirely certain that I would be labeled a witch then burned at the stake.

In Act IV, John Proctor is sentenced to execution. His confession came too late in the situation. Elizabeth could not back up his story because she had already made up one of her own to go along with. Reverend Hale also spent some time trying to convince people that if they were involved in witchcraft, they should confess now to help release their sins. I found The Crucible to be somewhat of an odd book. It was really short, which I liked, and it was easy to read as well. I did not like a lot of the characters, though, because many of them were hypocritical.

No comments:

Post a Comment