Thursday, September 30, 2010

Journal #10

Wellll this blog is about Science versus Religion. I suppose I could type about the Puritans and the Enlightenment/Great Awakening, but I really hate anything to do with Puritans. I also really hate anything to do with religion. I am so sick of writing about nonstop religion and Puritans, and I think always having to type about them just makes me hate them even more. I get even more junk about Puritans thrown at me during AP US History. I can't wait until we finally start learning about something else. This being said, I am going to type about my own personal opinion of science versus religion.
I do not really care if a person supports science or religion as long as they do not try to push their beliefs on me. I am pretty sure I was just talking about this in my last blog. I think people who support religion are more likely to try to push their beliefs on you. Like I said in my last blog, I know a lot of people who would openly criticize someone for not supporting their religion. What I mean is that if I was to say, "Oh well I think evolution is just a little bit more believable" the person would start to lecture me on why I was wrong and why I should not think that. I do not like people who do not respect other peoples' opinions. I find that people who are not very religious are less likely to try to push their beliefs onto others. I know that there are people out there that will try to push their scientific religion onto someone, but I have not personally encountered someone like that. I think that if someone was to try and preach their scientific religion to me, I would react the same way as if they were preaching their Christianity to me. I really hate religion in any form, it doesn't matter if it's Atheism or Christianity, I just hate it.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Leanne,

    I agree with you- I hate the Puritans as well. I liked your nonchalant attitude on a tricky subject and I also like the background of your blog.

    Sincerely, Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the hating of the Puritans!!!

    ReplyDelete