Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Journal #5

I think that taking away cellphones and games are pretty good punishments for the 21st century. Most kids these days are connected to their cellphones at all times, and I think they need to become accustomed to not having it around all the time. I really dislike the type of people who are texting when they are with another person, watching a concert, or are in the middle of a conversation. I can understand if it's important, but most of the time it isn't. I think those people really deserve to have their phone taken away when they get in trouble. I think the same goes for people who are addicted to online games like World of Warcraft or whatever other games are online, I don't even know the names of them. The same goes for kids who are addicted to xbox or playstation. I think kids should go outside at least for a little bit if it's nice outside. It would do them some good to get their games taken away.
Not everybody plays games or texts all the time, but I think a good majority of kids, teenagers especially, do. If they don't text or play games, then chances are they have a facebook that they are on all the time. I do not know how a parent would be able to take away their facebook unless they took away their whole laptop, which would also be a good punishment. That makes me think of another good punishment. The parents could put time restraints of the internet, or they could just unplug the router and hide it in their room or something. I have a friend who had that happen to him, but I don't think ti lasted for very long. I think parents these days are best off taking any technology away from their children because almost every kid has some form of connection to it. If they aren't attatched to any technology, then I think just grounding them from their friends for a weekend would suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment