Monday, January 3, 2011

Journal #27

This journal is about persistence. This is a really broad topic. Some people are persistent, which could either be a good or bad thing. Persistence could be really annoying, such as people who bother you about one thing over and over again. Persistence could also be a good trait, though. For example, when you're trying to get a job, it would be good to be persistent, or if you really need someone to get something done, you need to be persistent.
Here's a quote that I just found off of dictionary.com about persistence: "Persistence can grind an iron beam down into a needle." That is persistence in a sentence, literally. Persistence is continuing to do something even if the action is not necessary. That quote shows persistence because you have to continue with your actions and be devoted to getting it done, which is basically persistence. I suppose persistence could also be seen as ambition. Such as the conversation going on right now about citing Romanticism characteristics. This conversation is showing heavy persistence coming from both sides. The students are persistent that they were not well enough informed and that the guidelines were not set for the teacher's expectations, but the teacher is persistent that his expectations were made clear, the students just were not listening. I am not taking part in this persistent conversation. It has been going on for a good fifteen or twenty minutes though, so I think it is very, very persistent. I think there are just many persistent people in this classroom. They continue to bring up the subject repeatedly, which is persistence!
I think persistence annoys me. I do not like to be bothered by other people, so of course persistence would annoy me. Of course I do not mind persistence if there is something I need to do and they are just reminding me, but if it's just someone talking to me every day about going to see a movie or something, that will annoy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment