Thursday, December 2, 2010

Journal #26

This blog is about snooow! I think my opinion of snow changes depending on what I'm doing. If I'm sitting in my house looking outside, I like it. Snow is pretty, and fun to run around in even though I'm not a little kid anymore. If I'm driving, however, I hate snow with a fiery passion. My car is not four wheel drive, and it doesn't weigh a whole lot. I think I hate the ice on the roads that comes from snow even more than snow itself. Nobody likes to slip and slide around on the road. I also hate snow when I drive because I live on a country road, so when it snows a lot you can't see where the road is. The road is just one big blanket of snow, and it blends with the snow from the cornfields so it's all perfectly flat. I have lost track of how many people I have seen get stuck on my road because they think that the road is somewhere it isn't, so they drive right off of it and into the ditch. I think that's what I most afraid of this winter. Another reason I dislike snow is that I don't like the salt that is placed on the roads. It speeds up the corrosion of the metal under the car! I dislike that quite a lot.
I know it seems like I hate snow at this point, but I actually really like to watch snow and make snowmen. I made a 6-foot tall snowman last year! It was pretty cool. I would make snowangels, but that's a little bit too cold. You lay down in the snow, then it just goes into every opening of your coat and melts. And when you stand up, you mess up the snowangel!
I think overall, snow is a little bit more trouble than it's worth. Little kids love it, anybody who can drive hates it with a passion.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you put differing opinions and showed both sides to snow. Your writing style is interesting and very straight-forward, which I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you backed up your opinions very well and made some legit points. I really enjoy your writing style! Great job!

    ReplyDelete