Thursday, October 14, 2010

Journal #13

Well this journal is about school spirit. I don't really have a whole lot of an opinion about school spirit because it usually just depends on my mood. If I'm in a good mood then yes, I love school spirit. If I'm in a bad mood then no, I will not be having any school spirit whatsoever. And other times I just don't really care.
School spirit can be fun, especially during homecoming week. It's fun to get to try and beat the other classes (I still don't know who won, by the way). I really liked 80s day this year. I don't think we had it last year so it was refreshing. I don't like cowboy/cowgirl day very much. Our school is full of hicks enough as it is, I don't think it needs to be encouraged. Most of the people who dressed for cowboy/cowgirl day didn't even try that hard, anyway. Girls just threw on whatever flannel shirt they could find. I actually enjoyed observing the people who actually like on farms dress up, though. Their costumes were actually authentic and really good, not just throwin' on a plaid shirt. Every year we have class color day and school spirit day, so those get pretty boring after a while. Everyone's class colors are usually kinda lame anyway. I think black or white is a cool color to have since they're so basic. The juniors last year had tie dye shirts, those were cute too. A lot of people go all out for class color day and spirit day, though. I see a lot of people with painted faces or just things on their face in general. It's an excuse to use crayola markers on your face, basically.
School spirit can be bad when there is too much of it. Some people go overboard and freak out on you during homecoming week if you do not participate. Or if school spirit goes as far as putting someone else's school down, that's not cool either. I think one year some Pleasant Plains students vandalized another school or something, and that is a perfect example of how school spirit can get out of hand fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment