Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Journal #25

Honestly, I think everyone has at least a little bit of a mask, if that makes sense. I don't know very many people that are comfortable with just openly speaking about their problems, they're all guarded. Maybe that's because that's just how my friends are, I don't know. I don't think that they are purposely pushing people away, though. I do not know if this would count as an example of "wearing a mask", but a while ago my friend got dumped by his girlfriend of over a year, and he would not talk about it with anyone. Like I said, I do not know if that counts as wearing a mask, but he was not being open about it, and he was holding in all of emotions. By doing that I guess he was kind of pushing people away, which is sort of like wearing a mask.
I can not remember the last time that I realized that I was wearing a mask. I am sure that I wear one just subconsciously to sort of help keep my personal life in my own mind, if that makes sense. I do not like when people talk endlessly about themselves and everything that is going wrong in their life openly to other people, so why would I want to do that to people? I wear that mask so that I do not annoy people with my personal issues. I wear a mask whenever I am feeling sad so that I do not get bombarded with questions because to me, asking questions makes the issue worse. I can not remember when the last time I was really sad, though. I suppose I just do not like to talk about my problems to others because I like solve them myself, and I do not want to be judged by other people. I do not mind listening to other peoples' problems though, as long as they do not talk about them constantly. I know a few people who only ever talk about themselves and how "sucky" their life is, and I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment