Thursday, November 4, 2010

Journal #20

This blog is about the importance of self-reflection and taking a break from society. I am going to discuss taking a break from society first. I think that it is probably good for you to take a break from society once in a while. I think if a person spends too much time in society, they start to subconsciously conform to what others want, and I do not like that. Taking a break from society is like refreshing your mind. I think you become more independent and more like your true self. You could go camping in the woods to get away from society. You could build a tree house in the giant oak tree in your front yard that you think is s beautiful, and you wish you could be one with the tree because the tree is not influenced by society. That example was a little ridiculous, but I would do it.
I think self-reflection is important, but not exactly necessary. It is good to look back on your accomplishments, or failures, and think about what you've done. You can learn a lot from your mistakes. You could reflect back on that car you bought ten years ago that ran really badly, and now that you're thinking of buying a new car, you know what not to buy. Once again, that example is really ridiculous, but it is also good advice. Self-reflection could help you go a long way in life down a path of success. I think it could also make you more wise. I also think self-reflection is something that people should do maybe once they get out of high school. They could reflect back on their experiences and laugh about the memories. Or at least that's what I would do. I think it is important to reflect back on all of the important aspects of your life because not only do you learn from them, it will also help you to never forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment