Thursday, November 18, 2010

Journal #24

This blog is about a time when my mind scared me or played tricks on me. I must say, now that I'm older this does not happen very much. Today I thought I saw someone standing by my dad's car for just half a second, but no one was actually there. I was not scared though, I just figured it was a piece of hair in my eyes that look like a shadowed figure. I think the last time that my mind actually tricked me and made me scared was when I was seven or something. I used to afraid of walking through my house at night when all the lights were off because I thought that there were little ghosts and a t-rex in my house somewhere. I was actually legit scared that there were because I would see the shadows of things, and my mind would morph the shape into something I feared. I cannot recall anytime recently that my mind has scared me or played tricks on me. Unless optical illusions count as a mind trick! I was just looking at optical illusions yesterday of sidewalk chalk drawings (those cool ones in cities that are detailed and look real) and for a moment I actually thought that there was a spiral staircase going down into the ground from the sidewalk. My mind tricked me, ahhh! Of course I knew what it was two seconds later, but my mind got me, none the less. My mind also frequently tricks me into thinking that there is a person standing somewhere when there isn't, just like how I explained up there ^. I think that happens to a lot of people, though. I do not see actual full blown, detailed people. My mind just sees a shadow or a blur and immediately thinks, "OOH PERSON" without actual analyzing it and thinking, "oh, lamp". I do not think I have actually been really scared because of my mind recently, though; just mildly confused.

1 comment:

  1. Optical illusions overall are pretty cool. Shadows overall, not so much. I like the fact that you mentioned how the mind can imagine in the worst way possible what the object may be. Good job.

    ReplyDelete