Monday, February 28, 2011

Journal #36

My favorite food has to be Cold Stone ice cream. Specifically, their cake batter flavored ice cream with sprinkles mixed into it. And it can't be in a cone! It has to be in a cup. Or at least, that's how I prefer it. I always get a "like it" (even though I LOVE IT), which is considered a "small". I wish too much ice cream didn't make me sick because that ice cream is heaven in a cardboard cup.

Visually, it's pretty delicious looking. The ice cream itself is the color of cream, not an unnatural white, but not a yellowish either. The workers at Cold Stone mix in your ingredients then do this magically little wrist flick thing that turns the ice cream into the perfect size for your cup, so it is just one beautiful mound of perfection. The sprinkles they use are all the colors of the rainbow, and sometimes the colors will seep into your ice cream, turing it different colors. This ice cream looks so appetizing. I'm really hungry now.

And the taste of this ice cream is fantastic, too! I quite enjoy this fact because in many instances, ice cream that tries to be an odd flavor like cake batter turns out weird. But this ice cream tastes like the real deal! It's like you just shoved your face into a vat of vanilla cake batter down in Carlos's Bakery but without all the angry Italians. The sprinkles are really more for decoration than taste, although they do get stuck to your teeth, annoyingly enough.

Ice cream does not have a sound, obviously, but when I think of Cold Stone ice cream, I think of the noise of their ice cream scoops scraping against the smooth, cold counter. It's a very distinct sound because the countertop is surprisingly solid.

As for the smell of this ice cream, I'm not not sure. I have never deliberately smelled my cake batter ice cream. I'm pretty sure it smells like cake batter and ice cream, though. Obviously. It sort of tingles your nose as you smell it because of how cold the ice cream is, like breathing through your nose on a winter's day.

I've never felt this ice cream. I have a phobia of touching food that wasn't meant to be finger food. Like salad dressing, ice cream, icing, any form of non-breaded meat, cooked vegetables, etc. The texture of the ice cream is unique in your mouth, though. The ice cream itself is smooth like honey, no freezer burn here! The sprinkles add a nice amount of textures as well as something you can chew on. It's not so chewy that it sticks to your teeth and annoys you; It's just chewy enough that it keeps you occupied.

I love Cold Stone. That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment