Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Journal #35

I think it would be scary to be a reporter covering a war, especially if I was in the trenches with the troops. First of all, I can not report news to save my life. I am not good at speaking to thousands of people via camera and news team. So, combine my nervousness and inability to report news with getting shot at in a trench during a war, and the outcome is not pretty. But IF I was a strong, confident, handsome looking reporter such as, oh I don't know, ANDERSON COOPER, the outcome would be much brighter.

If I was a dedicated reporter covering a war while being shot at in a trench, I would do my best to not start having a break down in the middle of my news coverage. I would remain focused on readin' the news! Or reporting the news, I really wouldn't be reading the news, would I. I would stare straight into the camera, making daring eye contact with all of the citizens watching me report the war! I would completely ignore all of the speeding bullets flying my way like they were just leaves flying majestically through the wind! It would look just like an action movie, and it would be great. On the inside, though, I would be freaking out. Of course I would worry about whether or not I was going to get hit by a bullet and die! Gosh, dying on live tv while reporting a war would be terrible.

I do not really know what esle to say about this subject now. I would be scared out of my pants if I had to report during a war while in the line of fire. I do not want to even imagine reporting during World War II on the beaches of Normandy during D-day. Or during the Civil War, Reporting next to Lincoln like a boss. No big deal. So that's it really. I'd be scared but it would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment